Mechanical / Plumbing Permits

Work Requiring a Mechanical or Plumbing Permit

  • New mechanical and plumbing fixtures and appliances
  • Alterations to mechanical and plumbing fixtures and appliances
  • Replacement of mechanical and plumbing fixtures and appliances

Permit Forms

Please use the Online Permit Portal to complete mechanical and plumbing permit applications. If you do NOT wish to use the online portal, permit applications (PDFs) can be accessed below:

Mechanical Permit Application

Plumbing Permit Application

Note: If mechanical or plumbing work to be performed is commercial, plans or calculations may be required.

Fee payment

Identify fees that need to be paid when application is submitted; view current permit fees (PDF). Payments can be made by credit card or check. There is a 2.5% credit card/online convenience fee. Fees must be paid prior to application being processed.

Mail or walk the application and fees to the:
Spokane Valley City Hall
10210 E. Sprague Avenue
Spokane Valley, WA 99206.

Email materials to the Permit Center and call 509-720-5240 regarding fee payment.